Thank you to Shareen Mayers for the following helpful summary of recent updates and changes in writing moderation.
The following article includes useful information about:
- Writing moderation changes
- Using the Interim Assessment Frameworks to assess pupils’ writing
- KS1 and KS2 Writing Materials
- Clarification of handwriting and joined up/cursive handwriting for KS1 and KS2
- Gathering evidence – what does ‘independent writing’ mean?
- Essential requirements for schools
- Official STA Clarification of the frequency of evidence in each piece
- STA Clarification on exclamations for KS1 and KS2
Every LA has the flexibility to carry out the moderation process according to local needs. However, it is statutory to use the Interim Assessment Framework as a checklist to check that pupils have met the ‘working towards’, ‘expected’ or ‘greater depth’ within the expected standard. Continue reading →